Wednesday 5 November 2008

Ludology Assignment time!

So here we are on the 6th week of the course and my ludology assignment has has been set.
The assignment is cut into two sections. The first section is the "prototype" part of the assignment in which we must make a prototype remake of an old school game round the 8 bit or 16 bit era. This counts for 50% of the mark. The other 50% of the mark is based on the "pitch" section of the assignment. The is pitch is a "Dragons Den" style talk to the lectures as if they were publishers that you wanted to get to publish your game.
Games that are being remade by my class mates include Super Metriod, Megaman and Pacman.
I choose to remake the NES classic "Kirby's Adventure" since its such an awesome game.

Here is a screenshot of the original game.

My aim is to recreate it to the extent where the game feels the same to play and has all the features and retains the originals charm and to make the game as fun to play as humanly possible.
This is my first attempt in Photoshop of the art that i will use in my game.

I am currently busy at work creating character animations and all sorts of stuff that should be left to an artist. Eventually i will have all my art assets ready for use and i can concentrate on the programming.

While i do this assignment i must remember also that my Computer Architecture assignment must also be completed. A 1500 word report on the development of a technology of our choice over the last 30 years. I will post more about this once i have had more time to think about what i might do.

For now i must get on with my work. I'll post soon.

No comments: